The Day, One Fine Day


Today, out of the blue, I've had a flashback.


I was remembering the first day when I met you in the first place.
You were standing there. Gazing over at a shop display.
I knew it was you right away.
Yep! I have this talent of recognizing a face even though I only looked briefly at your picture.


At the moment, I had no expectations towards anything.
Not even a tingly feeling over my stomach.
Those butterflies didn't tickle my stomach.


Was I afraid? Afraid of having another disappointment?
Perhaps.


I was in the verge of losing hope in finding someone.
Someone that I would love to spend the rest of my life with.


I though, I would take the chance now or never.
Besides, if it doesn't click at that day...we'll eventually forget each other.


Then, I said "Hello!"
You smiled back.
And we went for a dinner.


It's Thai food by the way. :-)


Still no sparks.
We ate. We drank. Then we chat.
Small, light chat.


A chat where we were trying to understand more of each other.
Nothing deep though.
We paid the meal. Then we took our goodbye.


The day ended without further impressions.


Though deep down inside, the butterflies starts to flap their wings.
Day by day goes undetected.


We kept sending messages over the cell.
There this particular message that I remember it vividly.
I asked "What are you doin' on this Saturday night?"
Then the anxiety of waiting your reply ended when my cell beeped.
I opened the message and your reply came on screen...
"Would like to spend it with you."


BAM!
Then the fat lady sang! :-)


DANG!
You just push the right button there!

BUM!
A smile bomb was exploded in the corner of my lips.

BUT!
There's but?

Oh yes, there was.

My fortress remain the same.
Crumbling down but its solidity remain.

I was afraid once again.
All of the 'what if's questions fly over in my mind.

Once a Wiseman said, "Don't fight the feeling inside. You'll know the answer sooner or later when it comes to love. The heart will always have the answer."

And up until today, those words proven just right.

Each day, I love you even more.
You may not realize it.
You may not aware of it.


I dare to say that my love for you is real.
It's as good as it gets.
It's getting bigger day by day.

I dare to say that it's greater than anyone before.
You wipe down the frightening feeling I've had inside for quite sometime.

You may never gave me anything that took form in physical matter.
You gave me more.
You give me the security.
You give me the serenity.
You give me the assurance of keeping me safe and sound day by day.

You may not be perfect.
Then again who is?
I don't need a perfect one.
If I want someone who is perfect, I would become a priest and devoted myself to GOD.
Not that I abandoning Him. Why should I?
When I should be thanking Him for introducing me to you.

Thank you for being there for me.
Thank you for being honest with me.
Thank you for choosing me to accompany you.

I don't know what will future brings.
But, I do know one thing.
These feeling will remain the same as time goes by.

And my hope is the same from you.

No comments: